View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
izzy816
YT 500 Club Member

Sad Humane Society No More

Hi, I wanted to share my experience with the Humane Society in Michigan.

Ive had Izzy for about 3.5 months now. From day one, I took him to the Humane Society Vet Clinic for his shots and checkups. No problems with the vets, they were great friendly etc. My main reason for going was everyone told me that they were good and reasonably priced.

So two weeks ago, Izzy got sick...it was on a Saturday. He ate something he wasnt supposed to, something off of the floor. So he was vomiting and had blood in his stool...I freaked out, so I called the Vet (MI Humane Society) and told them that I needed to bring him in right away, I explained what was happening. First she asked if he was one of their adopted pets. I said "No". Then her response to me was: "Well we do not have any more EMERGENCY appointments for today"....Huh???? There is no such thing as an EMERGENCY appointment!!!!! I could have reached through the phone and shook that woman!! So vomiting and bloody stool isnt emergency enough!...Maybe if he was half dead, they would find more "appointments"

Long story short, I will not be taking Izzy back there again. I found a great Vet not too far from the Humane Society and they were wonderful!! Jefferson Veterinary Hospital in Detroit. The doctors actually gave me some very helpful information aside from what I came in for. I really appreciated that. The nurses were so nice, they offered me something to drink which I didnt expect. They even called to check up on him a few days later....how nice was that!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!