View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #15
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCheryle478 View Post
The vet said that the antibiotics to treat the kennel cough cancel out the antibiotics to treat the coccidia. We had been treating the kennel cough for a few weeks but then the loose stools started so it appeared the coccidia was getting worse. I guess I will have to get a second opinion. The way it was explained to me is that you couldn't treat both at the same time. Her little cough is so bad at night.
Wow, I never heard of that Luna had both when we got her as well (she's a pet store baby ) and we treated both, and she did great, though the KC was stubborn and she had to do a second round of different anitbiotics (first was amoxicillin, second was clavamox). After 2 days on the clavamox, the coughing got so much better. She was keeping us up all night the poor baby I would just sit in the rocker and hold her.

Poor stinky girl! I guess a bath would be a bad idea right about now, she'd probably get a chill, but could you wipe her down with baby wipes really fast and then wrap her in warm towel from the dryer? That might help her stinkies.

I would definitely go after that breeder for the vet bills at least.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!