View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
MsCheryle478
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Moral dilema - advice sought

Okay, it seems everyone hear knows my story. Scammed by a breeder because I was very ignorant on my knowledge of Yorkies. Wanted a tiny female in hopes of someday getting a male and having a litter a year. I do this with my German Shep. female. Gave our stud to the President of the Schutzhund club so I can still use him free of charge. My dilema. My little girl is only APR reg. (which I now know is pretty worthless). The breeder was so dishonest about so many things that I really don't know much about this girl. She is still real sick, which I am working on. She has no hair, as I have posted a pic of her. From what I have been reading, it could be bad genetics and that's the best she'll ever do. My husband tells me she doesn't even look like a Yorkie. Her body seems to be getting longer by the day. And worse yet, I paid a fortune for her $1,500. So my dilema. Should I get her healthy and bail out and sell her. Obviously for a lot less money as I would have to be honest with any potential new owner. But she doesn't appear to have characteristics I would want to pass on to puppies. If her papers are correct she is 6 mos. old. If the vet is correct (based on her teeth) she is 16 weeks old. She currently weighs 2.2 lbs. I love her but more out of "I need to save her". I have other dogs and she gets along fine with everyone including our new kittens that Santa brought. So I can't just keep saving the world. Any advice?
MsCheryle478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!