View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mire View Post
It's been two days since the surgery and I wish the vet had warned me what I would go through! LOL! Layla was loopy when they gave her to me, but otherwise seemd happy to see me. She fell asleep as soon as we got home and slept the whole night through. I had to hold her up when she asked me to go potty early in the morning and then she went straight back to sleep. I had already asked for Thursday off so I stayed home with her-- and good thing I did. She spent the majority of her day tring to figure a way to get to her stitches. I tried the doggie cone and she got that off pretty quickly. As my last resort I put her in a Onesie but Little Miss Houdini figured out how to kick her her back feet through the holes in less than an hour. And big brother Rylie? He keeps trying to lick her too, because he thinks he's helping!

I could not sleep all night for fear she'd lick away at the stitches and they'd start bleeding or get infected. And she wasn't just licking the incision, she was trying to nip at it with her teeth.

So I am back at work today, soooo sleepy but happy Layla is doing ok. She ate a little bit yesterday, ate more this morning and actually took her first poop! Layla is being watched by her dad today- but I am afraid she's too much for him. He's not use to having her all day to himself. Add Rylie into the mix-- Rylie's going crazy demanding attention since Layla seems to be getting all of it right now-- and daddy is probably going bonkers right about now. I'm placing bets with co-workers that he calls me by noon, pulling his hair out of his head in frustration...

Thanks for all the kind words and support, I love this site!
did you put the cone on with the guaze they gave you? it is easier sometimes for them to get it off this way. Do you have a collar for her? you can loop the collar thru the holes of the cone and just use that. this way its tight enough where she can't get it off her head. it won't hurt her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!