Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordie's Mom View Post
Hi, I am new to the forum and the new mother of a 3 month old Yorkie/Maltese. Jordie will not go potty outside. I take him out constantly and stand outside for 10 to 15 minutes, he seems to view the outside as a mud, rock, and stick buffet! As soon as we come into the house he will potty right by the back door. I have put paper down, to save on mess, and have even tried taking the paper outside. Help please!
Hi, welcome to YT!

jordie is still very much a baby and won't pick up on the house training for another couple weeks. However you still want to train him to go outside whenever you can. When i got morgan she didn't really want to potty outside either. However i made her go where i wanted her to go and didn't leave that spot until she went. Luckily tho, it was summer and i couple stand out there as long as i wanted without getting cold. here is a link to my breeders site of puppy care information.

http://sylvanyorkies.com/puppycare.htm

If you scroll down at 1/3 of the way you will see a bit on housetraining. This is what i did with morgan and it worked. She now goes potty only outside. Don't worry about him spending alot of time in his crate. puppies usually sleep alot anyway and this is what he'd be doing inside or outside the crate.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!