View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 02:38 PM   #8
lickthestar
YT Addict

It's hard to train a puppy that's that young...I got Archie at 5 months and we trained him to go outside, praised him when he went, but didn't scold him if he went inside. When we caught him in the act inside, I took him straight to a wee wee pad. Now, he goes outside all the time, but on the wee wee pad in the middle of the night or if he has an emergency. The funny thing is that he started going into the bathroom for emergencies because I guess he figured that's where everyone else goes. We moved the wee wee pad in there and he's good about it but hardly uses them since he goes outside for the most part. The funny thing is that the other day, I caught him going against the toilet bowl!!! He must have seen my boyfriend peeing with the door open or something...The only thing I had a problem with training him to go outside was that in the beginning, he would look out the window and start to go because I guess he figured he was outside. He's 7 months old now and it keeps getting easier and easier. He has learned to atleast try everytime he goes out. But it does require a LOT of patience....good luck!!
lickthestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!