View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedks3406
I was wondering what is the normal weight of a 16 day old yorkie? My little guys so far are 16 ounces, according to the chart they aren't even on it So does this mean they are going to be huge???? not that i care, but the lady who is buying the male, has a medical condition in which she can only lift up to 7 lbs, so i was wondering if i should send back her deposit? thanxs!
you can never, ever guarantee the size a yorkie will be. that is in my sales contract. Same for colors. BUT, you can tell them the size of parents and grandparents. that doesn't mean that a larger yorkie isn't somewhere farther back. i always explain all that to my buyer and usually refer them to the yorkie growth chart all the while telling them what I think based on all these things but cannot guarantee it. You just never know. Sometimes even the growth charts are wrong. ceeby was sold to me as a 'tiny". he weighed nine ounces when I got him at eight weeks. heck, that little booger had a couple of growth spurts that put him way off the chart. But, after his five month spurt, he gained very slowwly and stopped growing at four pounds. he was seven monthss old.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!