Thread: so, we talked..
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Secret so, we talked..

I approached it in a very loving way. Over dinner I said "Honey, can I talk to you about something?" he said "of course"...

well, I basically said to him that I would like to try and train maggie the way I trained Daisy...without treats being the motivating force. I asked him how he felt about that. He was very encouraging and said "I think you did a great job with daisy, she is amazing, so yeah, I'm ok with that." So I went on to tell him that I appreciate his confidence in me and that I have no problem with occasional treats and doggie surprises, but that I would like to make sure that it is not the tool that we use to potty train and those sorts of things. He was in total agreement and it was actually a very pleasant conversation. So I just wanted to let all of you that responded to my thread about this situation know how it went and that it was a very positive thing. I will let you know how the training goes. but so far, so good. we have not been using treats with her consistently but she is doing very well with her potty training, she knows how to sit and she knows what "here" means (come). all of these things have been taught thus far without treats so I am confident we will be successful in the long run.

Thanks again for all the help.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!