View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
camly
Mommy to Kikko-man
Donating Member

Confused update but yet ANOTHER problem with Kikko

Hi All!

its been awhile, and that's b/c I haven't had kikko for awhile. Last time i posted he was diagnosed with a collapsed trachea and pneumonia, which he ended up in the hospital for - and not able to bring him back home for 3 wks!!!

Sooooooo ... I FINALLY got to bring him home last weekend! YAY! ... at least so I thought. First thing that happens when I arrive at home, he needs to poo - but he had diarrhea with some blood in it, barely had any appetite and wouldn't drink any water. I totally freaked out b/c I was just thinking 'what ELSE could the little dog be sick/going through?!?!?!' I take him to the vet asap, they do a fecal test, and there are TONS and TONS of bacteria in just one little sample (we got to see it on the tv ... kinda cool) so they give him a shot of antibiotics as well as some take home meds ... they told me to feed him only 5-10 pieces of kibble after each dose of meds. one day his poopy is normal and i was so happy! then next time, diarrhea..so back to the vet we go, and they find he has Giardia. FUN! so now he is on meds for that and has been doing GREAT (thank god) except for one thing ....

yesterday he started to scoot his butt everywhere, and he whines and it just seems like he's in so much discomfort. I look at his butt and the skin is dry, kinda scabby in one area, and red - obviously irritated. So at first I thought it was something with his glands there, but he has been pooping normal, has a huge appetite, and drinks water like a camel (we go through so many potty pads now). I gave him a bath, my mom shaved his butt b/c we thought maybe poo was getting stuck. but even after he keeps scooting any thoughts? I've tried to sooth the dry skin by putting some aloe vera on it and a damp warm cloth. We have another vet appt on thursday, that's the soonest we could get in.
camly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!