Thread: newborn baby
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #10
Potter
YT 2000 Club Member

Oh I forgot..there is a trick that you can try. Mine used to wake up at 3am, 4am..all the odd timing when you are in a deep sleep. What you can do is say she wakes up at 3am every night so you set your alarm clock at 2am when you know she is sleeping and wake her up at 2am, it will mess up the time that she wakes up thinking its 3am. Then after a day or two, you set your alarm clock at 1am and then 12am and gradually the time will move up to before you sleep so the idea is to mess up her waking up time in the middle of the night so the end result is, she won't wake up at all in the middle of the night.Try it. It worked on mine and a friend of mine taught me this. A proffesional trainer taught her the trick.It took just a week for my puppy using this trick.If they do wake up at 3am (not in the crate) and tries to wake you up, ignore them, turn your back on them and monitor their reaction.If they are very persistent, give a stern no and give the instruction "Go Sleep" or something like that. It also helps that you say the same thing before sleeping every night like "good night" "go sleep" or something that you like to use.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!