View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #13
mybirdys2003
YT 500 Club Member

First of all Petrodix are flat sticks that help the teeth stay clean. I break them in half for her---or at least I did! I'm telling you it scared the heck out of me. She was flopping around pawing at her throat, and then would just stiffen out! When I put her in the car, she would trash and fall off the seat onto the floor, and stiffen out and I would shake her and hit her back---great nurse, huh? I went through 2 stop lights, and thought if a policeman sirened me he would have to follow me to the vets, because I wasn't stopping for nothing! It was only a piece about an inch and a fourth long, and an inch wide. It was stuck sideways in her throat. I couldn't find anything myself, so that's why I was so scared. She was in a panic and I was in a panic. When I ran in, the gal that took her said, "Oh this is bad"! I was soooo scared! Thanks for all your replies---but whatever you do, don't give them Petrodix or rawhide chews if they are little----Snoodles is 3#1oz. From now on when I give her her greenies, she will be on my lap and I will hold it until she eats it. No more giving mommy a heart attack!
Pat
mybirdys2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!