View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #6
b_veselka
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Nervous

I know how you feel. My younger female who is 5.5-6lbs (and very compact) pre-pregnancy had her first litter in May. I was so nervous and of course not only was she 6 days early (Yikes!) but like all of my other litters she decided to deliver near midnight. I called a friend of mine who has been breeding for over 20 years and she was of course worried because they were quite early. She reminded me to watch for stress signals such as long periods of time contracting w/out any progress & lots of green discharge which can indicate a dead pup (a little is normal). If you are that worried about your baby, what you might ought to do, if you know her due date, is send her to a reputable vet or breeder that can be with her during her birthing process. I do not know if a vet would even do that but I guess it might be worth a try. At 5lbs., she should be okay- but there are always special cases. How big was the male that bred her? I know of a lady who has a femal under 4lbs. that had 5 puppies her last litter w/out her owner even knowing she had whelped until she found them all alive and healthy under her bed!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!