View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 06:14 AM   #1
Meg
YT 500 Club Member

Question Growth Spurts? Paw Size? Does this really matter?

The breeder we got Keeley from said that he had just gone through a big growth spurt. We took him to he vet and he weighs 3.4 lb at 10 weeks. His mom was 5 lbs dad was 3 lbs. And his little sister was teeny tiny.

She had said he was born small and then had gone through a growth spurt and would slow down on his growing because "he already had his growth spurt". And he'd probably be about 6ish. She pointed out that his paws are small on his legs, and that puppies grow into their paws. (To prove that he really isn't going to get much bigger) I know that is true with some dogs, I am just not sure about Yorkies...

Not knowing too much about Yorkies growth patterns when we got him I assumed she knew exactly what she was talking about. But as I have been reading on here and seen those charts, that puts him way off of them.

Is he going to be a big boy, or could she be right and he just grew early? I am so confused and feel like she didn't really tell us the truth... We were hopingfor a somewhat smaller dog (up to 7 lbs).

Any thoughts? TIA--T(hanks) I(n) A(dvance)
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!