View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
BlondieGirl87
No Longer A Member

Jaden had some tummy problems lately and I took him to the vet and he gave him Metronidazole...not trying to scare you here but the third day after Jaden was taking the pill (he was ona 1/4 tablet dosage) he woke me up in the middle of the night vomiting yellow bile and foam. I called the vets office when they opened and they said that medication can have side effects such
seizures and damage of nerves resulting in numbness and tingling of extremities (peripheral neuropathy) ,nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, a metallic taste, and rash. They told me to take him off the medication immediatly. I did that and he vomitted two more times, the same yellow bile stuff. I took him to the vet right after that and they gave him a shot of zantide...something like that to settle his stomach as he was going to dehydrate himself. After they did that and I took him off the medication he was fine. The doctor said its rare for that to happen but each dog is different some medications will affect some dogs more harshly than others...anyway, just wanted to let you know so that if Tetley starts having any problems ask your vet about the Metronidazole.
BlondieGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!