View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #65
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbreeze
ok after reading this thread i also would like to add something
i had a chow for a year and he was fine with my family members. but anyone outside my household he would have attacked if he had a chance. and because of this i couldn't keep him. the breed was band from my neighborhood. i couldn't walk him or anything. but he was the sweetest dog... with the family. he was an indoor dog but lived outside during the day. he seemed to prefer it out there. i think he thought he could better protect us there. some teens used to cut through my yard ... lets just say they go around now! but we did not teach him to do that he just was very protective.

my MIL has a poodle/ maltese mix... he is a small dog... he bite my niece once for no apparent reason. just attacked her. so... small dogs attack too.

why do people allow others opinions irritate them so that they retaliate with comments. if you don't agree with something someone says say so... but if you feel they were rude about so what! ya'll get heated on here sometimes. dang! its ok for them to say what they say they way they wanna say it just like its ok for you. just let it go. chill ya'll. woo woo woo
I can understand any dog being protective in their yards - but it's different than one who breaks out of his yard and attacks - and when you said small dogs attack too - they can and do - but the chance of someone being killed or severly injured is pretty slim. That's why pitts are so scary - they ARE strong and can take down a man in seconds. They also go for the throat - small dogs go for the ankles or whatever is in front of their little short selves...

and I thought this thread was pretty good considering the subject - interesting reading and no one got 'heated' ....whoo hoo !!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!