View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
J Ralston
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Messing in her crate

Hi, Everyone -
I just got my Yorkie for Christmas - and I totally adore her! Zoey is 16 weeks old and was not completely potty-trained when we got her. We have trained her to go outside and she is doing very well - she still has her accidents, but those happen. She was "somewhat" trained (before we got her) to either sleep in a large crate with her sister, or in bed with the woman who was selling her. The first night, we put her in her crate to sleep, but she got so upset, she threw up, started gagging and messed in her crate. We cleaned it up and she did the same thing. Maybe we shouldn't have given in to her, but the throwing up and gagging scared us. (The woman sent the crate home with us, but it was for a large dog, so I bought a smaller one). She sleeps in bed with us and licks my face when she needs to go out - no accidents yet. Our problem is when we leave the house, we put her in her crate & whether we are gone for 1/2 day, or 1 hour, she always messes in her crate! I take her outside for a potty break, and make sure she goes, right before I leave, but it doesn't matter. She doesn't stay away from the mess, either. I have to give her a bath & clean the crate. A friend suggested that I leave her food and water in her crate & let her go in and out freely when she wants to eat & drink. I just started this today, but don't really want to leave her doggy dishes in there during the day while we are @ work. Help! Any suggestions? Thanks.
J Ralston is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!