View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
kemfy
Yorkie Talker

Omg Need Help with Birth in Georgia

HI Everyone!
This is new for me, and I hope that it works!
I have a little dilemma that I am hoping someone can help me with.

I am a yorkie mom in Georgia (near Atlanta) and my baby got pregnant accidentally (she's 2.5 years old). I know, I know she should have been spayed, but she was just too tiny and I was waiting for her to gain some weight and then take her, but in the meantime she went in heat and my other yorkie got to her (she had a puppy diaper on and everything!!!) She is only 5 lbs and very tiny.

So, now I am faced with a birth that I am very scared about. I have been talking to my vet, but she doesn't know about births!!! And I live an hour from the nearest emergency clinic, so I am afraid if she goes into labor at night or on the weekend I could be in trouble. Almost 2 years ago I had a mommy that I bred and she had FIVE pups...one got stuck and we had to drive an hour in the middle of the night and pay $800 for the emergency c-section. The breeder that I had arranged to be there with us never showed and I had no idea what to do. All the money and hassle is worth it, as long as she was fine (and she was - but 2 pups died). But it was enough drama to make me give it up for good because I love my babies too much to put them through that again. So, this accident has me in a pickle.

I am actually looking for a RELIABLE breeder (fromer breeder, etc) or experienced yorkie mommy that could come and be with us during the birth to notice any signs of distress. I am willing to pay for this service if I need to and I just want anything to keep my baby girl safe.

Does anyone know of who I can call?
kemfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!