View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 02:52 PM   #13
MsCheryle478
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I never intended to have a tiny dog home. Then I got my Japanese Chin. He is a tiny nothing, but has been as healthy as an ox. LOL. This little girl looked tiny if she was 18 weeks old. I thought that's why she didn't have a full puffy hair do going either. I had seen so many photos of baby Yorkies and mine didn't look like a little fluff ball - so I assumed it was her adult hair coming in. It's kind of sad but she has been a nervous wreck since coming to my house. It appears she had no socialization whatsoever. And if it is true that this lady also has multiple different breeds going, she probably has never been in a house. I did see buildings out back of Nancy's house. Didn't know they were full of animals though. How sad. I don't think any dog deserves that.
Honestly, if I wanted a 5 lb. Yorkie it seems they are out there but the price is generally $500-600 cheaper than what I paid. I thought I was paying more because this one was tiny.
The vet didn't say he guaranteed she was 12 weeks, only that it was his guess based on the fact that she had no adult teeth showing, which is common for a pup that is over 4 mos. old. My little girl has none. I can only hope that she just has slow growing teeth. I haven't really ever done the puppy thing as my Japanese Chin was already 9 mos. when I got him 3 yrs. ago. He is what made me fall in love with tiny dogs. So little but the personality is the size of an elephant. LOL
I am not in love with her yet, but the compassion I feel for her is tremendous. I did e-mail Nancy and she said that it was all a mistake on my part. That she never said this or that. And further, it is common for dogs to get sick like that. Also, she stated she had wormed the pup twice so she didn't know how it got worms again. But, she did say she would take the pup back. I just don't know what to do now. I want to take her back because I feel there was dishonesty on this breeders part. Yet, I can't imagine taking this little girl back to kennel life either. She deserves a wonderful home, and maybe with enough love and vet appts. she will adjust and love inside home life.
MsCheryle478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!