View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
MsCheryle478
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy New Baby Yorkie/Bad Breeder?

I just got my new baby Yorkie on Thursday. Talked with quite a few breeders before deciding on this one. It esp. appealed to me as I could drive the few hours to pick her up and not ship her on a plane. She was supposedly 16 weeks (2 wks. ago) and weighing 1 lb. 9 oz. I waited two weeks to get her as to be done with the Christmas holidays and choas. She was then supposedly 18 wks. old. When I arrived to get her I was informed she had just started coughing that a.m. and was put on Clavimox. I took her to the vet the following morning for a rountine new puppy check up. The vet said she had Kennel Cough and to continue with the Clavimox. The vet also said that he wouldn't guess her age to be 18 wks. based on her teeth but more like 12 wks. old. Also, in that short two week span, she is now weighing 32 oz. Also, she has worms and I was given a wormer for her.

Did I get ripped off? I am not a breeder, so I want to know if this is normal to have a sick pup like this? I purchased her (paid for) at 16 wks. so the breeder knew I would pick the pup up in two weeks. Yet it was still sick. The pup is APRI reg. with a birthdate showing her to be 18 weeks. Yet, the vet felt she was younger. So did the breeder scam me in order to make the puppy appear to be older with a lower weight?

I am going to keep her, but for the money I paid, I was expecting a tiny, healthy puppy. That's what I thought you got when going to a breeder. Not so?
MsCheryle478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!