View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 03:35 PM   #11
dray
Donating YT Addict

There are a lot of breeders that breed for money, even if they don't admit it and there are some that breed on the first heat. There are also people that breed dogs under 5 pounds and even to bigger dogs. But to do all of these at one time is headed for a disaster. Even if things are done right things can happen that can be very costly.

Two years ago I bread a bitch for one of my clients she was 6 pounds and she was two years old. Well she needed a c-section that cost 1,600 dollars and then one of the puppies after its first shot had a reaction to the shot and it cost her almost 2,000 to save this puppy. You add the cost of the stud service in and the vet care durning the pregnancy and I am not sure how your husband can think this is a money making deal.

But the worst thing that can happen and you can read many many times even with experienced breeders the loss of their bitch. As of this time you do not have the education you need to breed dogs or you would not be asking this question, so I suggest waiting till at least the next heat, stay here and read all you can and learn as much as you can, get to know the people here as they will love to help you when and if you are ever ready to breed your dog, evaluate your bitch and make sure she is big enough to breed and that she is healthy enough to breed , with a vet's help and then look for a stud that is not to big for her.

If something bad happens your husband will not get his money back,and it may even end up costing him and you a lot more. And I can't even believe that he expects you to pay him back. This is your husband not a banker. I wish you all the luck you need with this , but I see it headed for a disaster as both dogs are in the same house and a very bad accident is just waiting to happen.........
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!