View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #14
sgab80
Senior Yorkie Talker

After my cat died last year, I started thinking about getting some type of little dog - I had never had a little dog before, but my boys were nearly grown and I thought it would be nice to have a little "lap doggy" for my "empty nest". So I started reading on the internet about "small dogs" and just got hooked on the yorkies-never really paid attention to dogs before, never had seen a real live yorkie. I knew it would be a big commitment, more work than having a cat-read everything I could-went to the pet store to just see and hold one-and that did it for me. I knew I wanted a small yorkie-not necessarily tiny-but easy to carry-like a baby-(I had empty nest bad). Combed newspapers for several months, called about a few. Then one day I called about a yorkie in the newspaper that was 6mos-3lbs..I thought she would probably be 5-6lbs when grown, a nice healthy weight. I just knew she would be the one-went to see her and it was love at first site!!
My point is-you are doing the right thing-dreaming and planning and waiting-Then ONE day it will happen-when the time is right-the perfect baby, the perfect size for you, will pop into your life..
sgab80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!