View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 08:35 AM   #12
FirstYorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
When They first met I did the "get em boy" while play slapping so Quincy would protect me.
To borrow one of Dr Phil's lines: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
Justin doesn't help matter's either. He kick's at him,( mostly to defend himself ) and kick's his crate while he's in it, and yell's at him. He does everything he can to aggravate him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
I scream, yell, and I've even hit Justin when he does this. I also have made him leave. So I'm sure Quincy is feeding on this. I guess I need to change my attitude also.
I hope you understand now that Quincy's behavior is entirely the fault of the humans in his life. Your dog is doing exactly what you and your son have trained him to do.

Unless you and your son retrain yourselves, this situation sounds pretty hopeless to me. *IF* you and your son can figure out together where you have gone wrong and both of you vow to change, here's something for you to try with Quincy. If you guys aren't going to change, don't bother.

Try letting your son be the keeper of all good things in Quincy's life. Let your son feed him. Let your son be the one to introduce new toys and play with. Let your son take him for walks. Have your son carry treats at all times and have him give Quincy treats when Quincy is behaving. But, as I said before, If you guys aren't going to change, don't bother.

I'm sorry for being so blunt, but...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!