View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 04:23 AM   #1
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Default YORKIE Saftey Tips ~ PLEASE READ & ADD your own

There's LOTS of new puppy moms and dads here - and this is for them - AND those of us who don't have a baby because yorkies are perpetual puppies and these can be real dangers to them.....

We can ALL add to this - I heard something on the news that reminded me of ALL the things we always need to be AWARE of when having active and very very nosy yorkies....

ASIDE from NORMAL puppy proofing a home I thought I would start a WATCH list of things to always be careful of.....

Always watch out when closing a door - yorkies are FAST and can easily get hurt if the door gets closed on them
Always keep windows in the car up - they can jump !
Keep ALL medication out of reach - WAY out of reach ..I read where a yorkie got into Birth Control pills that were in someones PURSE - as someone who used to have diet pills in my purse - that was SCARY and sad to read
Some Nylon Collars can be shredded and unwind if your yorkie ever gets it off - they can get lodged in their intestines
Fences need to be constantly checked - yorkies can dig and watch for holes - they can get out or big dogs can reach in
Ponds and pools are a danger...use extreme safety measures - some yorkies do NOT swim
Big BIRDS or Hawks around your home is always something to watch out for
Always supervise your yorkie around childern - accidents can happen in a second
Certain Rawhide Chews can be a danger to yorkies -

Most of us have been very lucky - but others have gone thru the devestation of losing their yorkie .... just a heads up to remember to keep your yorkie SAFE !

Last edited by red98vett; 06-01-2005 at 07:11 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!