Thread: Itching?!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #13
cheer1027
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
YOU ARE NOT A HORRIBLE MOM! You are a FANTASTIC mom!!!!!!!! When I got my yorkies, I had no idea that yorkies tended to be allergic to corn and wheat and I was feeding them a food that had corn and wheat in it and like you, I could not figure out why they were itching. Then I found YT and found out there were better foods out there so I changed and my babies stopped itching. Most vets don't even know that yorkies are allergic to corn and wheat. So don't worry......it's not your fault. It is proof that you love your yorkie because you are actually concerned about her skin. Don't worry.....her skin will be all well soon!!!!

Which food did you switch to? Did you look on the ingredients list and make sure there was no corn, wheat, or byproducts?
Thanks for the pep talk...I feel a little better now knowing that I did catch it so I do care. I did check the ingredients..no corn, no wheat, nothing that I would think should bother her. Just curious, how long did it take your babies to stop itching? I know it wont be an instant cure but I want to be sure I know a time frame to look for some results so that if this doesn't work we can order something.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!