Thread: Itching?!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #12
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer1027
Thank you guys for helping...I feel so bad. i did not know! Today we went to get her picture taken with Santa and while we were at the store I got her something else. The vet at the petsmart looked at her and agreed she needed new food. She suggested 3 different types...one of which I could buy there and try, the other two had to be special ordered. So, we are going to attempt the new food I bought today, if that doesn't work, we shall order! I just feel horrible because I didn't know that the food was that bad. I am a horrible mom

YOU ARE NOT A HORRIBLE MOM! You are a FANTASTIC mom!!!!!!!! When I got my yorkies, I had no idea that yorkies tended to be allergic to corn and wheat and I was feeding them a food that had corn and wheat in it and like you, I could not figure out why they were itching. Then I found YT and found out there were better foods out there so I changed and my babies stopped itching. Most vets don't even know that yorkies are allergic to corn and wheat. So don't worry......it's not your fault. It is proof that you love your yorkie because you are actually concerned about her skin. Don't worry.....her skin will be all well soon!!!!

Which food did you switch to? Did you look on the ingredients list and make sure there was no corn, wheat, or byproducts?
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!