View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

My breeder gave me Neutra Cal when I got Venus. Its a good thing too, cause I had no idea about blood sugars and stuff!

When she wouldn't eat, I'd put a dab of neurta cal on my finger and she'd lick it off. I did this 4 or more times a day. And each time I did this, she'd eat her food! Seems that stimulated her appetite.

Then again, when I got Venus she was 10 weeks old. Most (good, reputable) breeders don't let the dogs go to their forever homes till at Least 10 weeks or older.

Also your dog may have never learned how to eat from a bowl, or whatever your using. I had that problem with Venus too, and also the water too. As much as the breeder said she "ate kibble" I found this out not to be as true. I even had to teach her how to eat food and drink water at 10 weeks old. Yours is a lot younger than Venus was when I first got her.

I'd let her lick food from my fingers, and each time, moving my fingers lower toward food or water. Last time, I had my fingers right IN the food or water just barely getting enough on my fingers and her tongue for her to find it. Took a few days, but she started eating from a saucier.

Yours is mighty young, and may not have many teeth at all. I know Venus didn't have that many when I got her. When I introduced her to the kibble the breeder gave me, I had to mix it with her wet food, or put water on it to soften it up, or both.

Good luck with this, and please get some Neutra-Cal. That can be picked up at any pet store, and really isn't that much. It can save you babies life!! Neutra-Cal is SO much better for them than honey.
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!