View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
laurenhorne
YT Addict

Default Worried about my baby? Any advice...PLEASE

I am absolutely 100% in love with my new baby..he is great...he gets so excited to see me when he wakes up or I walk into the room. He is doing great on his potty pads..mostly...but I am back and forth on worrying about him..here is the deal!

He is about 8.5 weeks old, weighs 1 lb and scares me to death!

We have had one hypoglicemic episode on the second day of his arrival to me...I took him to the vet on the first day for a check up, everything was fine..the next day couldn't get him to eat so I gave him honey to keep his blood sugar normal but w/o food it's a battle...he started acting strange so I gave him more honey (it had been a few hours since the previous 1/4 cc I gave him) as an emergency to get him alert...I rushed him to the vet and by then he was more alert and nosey with the other dogs but still wouldn't eat..vet said he must eat even if you have to syringe it every couple of hours and continue to give him honey to keep his bloodsugar ok...well, we got home and he ate his dry food (he hates anything mushy or wet, picky boy!) for over an hour..had a great night with him..woke up in the middle of the night to syringe his food still...
next day..he wouldn't eat during the day again so I fed him myself every 2 hours..got home around 8 he ate like a champ again on and off for like 2 hours...then the following morning wasn't wanting to eat...
sorry this is so long...
MY Question is: Anyone had a problem with a puppy who only eats at night on his own...I feel bad force feeding him but god forbid anything happen so I will continue till things level out with his habits..

I am syringing him moist food (obviously) but does ANYONE know if there is a very fatty moist food to give him to kinda fatten him up...I have read Cesar Canine..is that a good one?

Any help please thanks! I will do ANYTHING for my new little love!!

lauren..new furmother who has tons of questions!!
laurenhorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!