View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Yorkies and cold weather!!!

My little Yorkie is not a tiny one -- he's about 12 pounds or so.... but really still a very little dog.

Anyway - I have continued to let him and my other dog out five or six times a day. I let him (the Yorkie stay out for only 5 or sp) because it is cold.

I am really letting him out to go pee...... but he's on his long leash so he can run and play with my other dog in the snow for a few minutes...which he loves.

I don't put any clothes on him because he's just pee on them and then really get cold and not enjoy his few minutes in the snow. What I wanted to tell you guys is that he doesn't want to come in. When I go out - he runs in the opposite direction and I have to literally drag him back in - and then finally pick him up and make him come back into the house.

If I ever say the word "outside," he about knocks me over getting to the door.

He has a nice thick coat for a little Yorkie and he certainly never seems to get cold - never shivers, etc. -- plus I think letting him out several times every day has helped him acclimate to the weather change.

But do remember - he is never out more than a few minutes - and, when it really gets cold here - I'll go out with him and bring him right back in.

Do any of your dogs love going out into the winter weather as much as mine?

Carol Jean

PS: I walked him to the mailbox today (about a block) and put his beautiful red coat on him. And - you've guessed it. He pee'd on it. And, he still didn't want to come in....... I need to look for some winter wear that has been made for little boys!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!