View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #59
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond's Mom
The DNA testing to determine breed purity is new. I would expect that any testing that the two kennels you mention have done is for the frequently used sires program. As for the origin of the dogs that started the parti's in the US, from Gloria Lipman's breeding, there is no way to prove purity of those breedings.

Will YTCA become extinct if they don't embrace parti's....Of course not. New members are entrusted with the job of protecting our breed, not marketing it. And the new breeders take this obligation as seriously as the long time breeders.

The Biewer breeders should take note here. They have established stud books and have started to amass the information needed by AKC to have Biewer Terriers recognized. Those breeding parti's that originated here in the US need to be very careful. The mutts bred here may hinder the years of hard work that the Biewer breeders have put in.
No the DNA testing that was required in order to get these dogs registered was DNA testing to prove that the offspring came from the dam and sire that the they were claimed to have come from.

Every puppy in the litters were DNA tested and still are. If you want to register a litter of parti colored puppies, you have to have the parents and every puppy in the litter DNA'd. This is what they went through to get hese parti colored babies accepted by the AKC.

So if a parti colored puppy is AKC registered,f you can bet that it was DNA tested.

i have done my homeowrk on these puppies. I was not going to spend a lot of money to buy a dog that might have been half maltese. I went to the very origin of their existence, and bought from champion bloodlines.

The original breeders went to a lot of expense to get these dogs accepted by the AKC, and the AKC did not give in easily. It took many many generations of testing before they would register them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!