View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I had a difficult time today. It was the first Thanksgiving since I lost my Dad. I'm crying as I'm writting this. I could hear my Dad asking me "you got your turkey on yet? What time did you get up? My Dad love Thanksgiving and having everyone together. We spent last Thanksgiving at my Dad's, he had just got out of the hospital and We all knew it would be his last. He was so happy to see us all together.
I cried today as I ate thinking about both my parents and how much I miss them and wish they were still here.
My Mom has been gone three and a half years and when she passed I felt as if she took my soul with her. I know since her and my Dad have both passed I have been dealing with this awful depression, not knowing if the feelings I have are normal or should I seek some kind of help, maybe antidepression meds.
I know that their are others here who have lost their parents and wonder how you have coped with it all and the holidays. Sorry for such a down post, I needed to talk about today and my great sadness I
'm feeling.Tommorrow would have been my parents 65 wedding anniversary.
I am thankful for all the wonderful years I had with them.

Dear Debbie, I am so sorry and can feel the pain you are going through. Debbie do you have a real close friend you can talk with? What about talking to someone that does counceling? Please, if you ever need someone to talk to, let me know, just pm me. That is wonderful your parents were truely blessed with many years in marriage. To loose a loved one is so difficult. I am praying that the Lord will be with you tomorrow and provide you with strength in knowing that all is well with your parents and they are in his forever loving care. We have talked to our kids about when our time comes to leave this life, and we hope it will help them later. It isn't an easy thing to discuss but we felt that we needed to do that. I think the hollidays are hard for many people that have lost someone dear to them, and my thoughts and prayers go out to each of those going through what you are. I find comfort in knowing that my Dad is with the Lord and that all is well with him, God gives us each other in this life and then the sad time comes when we must give them back to him for his keeping, in reality we are all on loan to one another. How blessed we are to have had the special bond with our parents, there are those that don't. Debbie please take care of yourself and if need be maybe you could talk to someone that does counceling and could help you. Sorry for the larger type, I still have the blurriness in my vision.
((((((((((((((((((((Hug to you)))))))))))))))))))
In all sincerity, Patti
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!