View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
Shadow
No Longer a Member

Default For those who have lost their parents

I had a difficult time today. It was the first Thanksgiving since I lost my Dad. I'm crying as I'm writting this. I could hear my Dad asking me "you got your turkey on yet? What time did you get up? My Dad love Thanksgiving and having everyone together. We spent last Thanksgiving at my Dad's, he had just got out of the hospital and We all knew it would be his last. He was so happy to see us all together.
I cried today as I ate thinking about both my parents and how much I miss them and wish they were still here.
My Mom has been gone three and a half years and when she passed I felt as if she took my soul with her. I know since her and my Dad have both passed I have been dealing with this awful depression, not knowing if the feelings I have are normal or should I seek some kind of help, maybe antidepression meds.
I know that their are others here who have lost their parents and wonder how you have coped with it all and the holidays. Sorry for such a down post, I needed to talk about today and my great sadness I
'm feeling.Tommorrow would have been my parents 65 wedding anniversary.
I am thankful for all the wonderful years I had with them.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!