View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 04:05 AM   #15
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Default Update ...

The little one in inside at home for the moment!!! Thanks so much for all your prayers and concern. He will be picked up on Friday. A little more about his background .... he was bought for "big bucks" when he was about 5 months and was evidently raised with lots of other pups and never learned not to pee & poop in his pen or crate. The breeder assured them that he was in perfect health [you all know how that goes!] and it's obvious to the vet that there is a health problem but can't seem to pin it down. He has gotten good results on all his tests but his BUN score continues to rise. That is a mystery right now, but he will be seeing a new vet to rule out a physical problem. These people have already spent several thousand dollars trying to get to the bottom of this to no avail. Sounds to me like they are being taken for a ride by the vet but with copies of all his testing, etc. and a new vet, we are hoping to solve this "mystery"! IF it turns out to be behavioral ... then the little guy is in for some "tough love" potty training!! The person that will be fostering him has agreed to do this for this little one. If it's physical, we will get the problem addressed .... if it's behavior, when he is properly potty trained, he will be returned to his Mom. She and the children absolutely love this little guy and it's tearing them to pieces to think of giving him up. He is a sweet little fireball with the exception of this problem and a couple of common things, i.e., barking, mouthing, etc. which can easily be corrected. He just pees & poops anywhere he darn well pleases .... even in his water bowl!! I'm praying that this is just due to not being educated and that it can be corrected and he can go back home and live a long, happy little Yorkie life!!

Again, thank you all for your prayers and I will come back & update this thread as it changes and we learn new information. I can hardly wait for the new vet to examine/test him and hopefully pronounce him healthy!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!