View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #11
dakotama95
Donating Yorkie Yakker

The pups may be cold. are they in a warm area and out of any drafts. I weighed my pups 3 times a day for the first week and twice a day for the next three weeks to make sure they were all getting enough to eat. My pups gained at least 1/8 of an ounce every day for the first few weeks. There were a couple that did not gain for one day but did gain the next day. The ones that showed no weight gain, I made sure they got latched and didn't get knocked off by one of the other pups for the next few feedings. They would all root so much that they would keep knocking each other loose. Their mom would let dad look in on them but she kept my husky away. She would chase her into the other room or make Dakota (the husky) go back to her own room which is the laundry room. We kept the pups in the living room in an under-the-bed storage box that I made pads for. I put a heating pad under one half of the box. I also made a cover to put over the box out of a cardboard box and cut a doorway in it. This way the pups would not get a draft and mom would feel better because it was kind of like a den to her. I hope this helps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!