View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 05:56 AM   #9
ChestersMom
YT 500 Club Member

Unlike most of the previous threads, I was 34 when my son was conceived. I was in a different situation financially and emotionally. I had a decent job, owned my own home and had great friends and family. But, it was difficult. I gave the father an opportunity to help on his own, but he was too immature to do that. My only advice on that subject is the Attorney General of your state. It's free and they monitor and collect for you. And, yes, this is a must. Of course, my whopping $56.00 a week doesn't make a dent in what it costs to raise a child. Since he works for his dad, on paper, he doesn't make much money. But, something is better than nothing.

Anyway, emotionally, it's absolutely awesome. My son is now 14 and my best buddy. He's now the man of the house and my protector. If you've made your decision, stop wondering, just pull up your boot straps and enjoy it. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us. This is a time you will never forget. Yes, there will be difficulties, but having a man around, for me, would only have made it harder. I got to make all the decisions, do things my way, and loved every minute of it. Don't waste another second worrying about old whats-his-face, just move on. Your emotional health right now affects the child and will from this day forward. Hold your head high, do your best, and again, ENJOY! No, it won't be easy, but anything worth having usually isn't.
ChestersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!