View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 05:54 AM   #8
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Did you know that if a woman does go on public assistance, they will track the father down and make him pay? It is a moral and LEGAL responsibility. So, he better come on board. It is not just something that you ask him nicely to do if he wants. It is something he must do. Neither of you planned this but both took the chance and need to share in the responsibility.

I think you have already made your decision and want to keep your baby. I think that is wonderful. It won't all be easy, you may have some tough times -- all mothers do. But, there are so many moments that can swell your heart with love, pride, and nurturing that it will all be so much more than worth it!

I was a divorced mom for 10 years with two growing boys. I lived payday to payday for quite a while. We sometimes had to get creative for supper -- spaghetti with tomato soup, tuna surprises, etc. I got to be the Queen of Meals for less than $2. But I know they always knew they were loved, they were always clean and healthy, and things did get better. Eventually I was able to provide them with more. But you know where most of our fondest memories are from -- that poor time when we barely scraped by. All we had was each other and we made the most of that!

Best of luck to you!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!