View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 01:23 AM   #6
Fulrtonchigirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

When i had my son i was 15 yrs old. My mom wanted me to give my baby up for adoption. I couldnt do it. The father, who was 16yrs of course cheated and left me for a woman who was 26 yrs old one year later. I didnt know anything about having a baby. I was a baby myself. I tried to go back to school after i gave birth but was turned away. The principal told my mother and i that i was out of school too long to be accepted back. I used to cry thinking i was punished. This little person who i had relied on me. I thought it was unfair that i had this responsibility to myself while his father did what he wanted to do. I had to go to a "Special" school for teenage moms. I received my diploma and worked so i can take care of my son. One job i had was overnight. I'd come home exhausted and still have to stay up and take care of him. I didnt care. He was the best thing to happen. He was my best friend. I didnt make very much but he always had better clothes and shoes then me. I made a mistake when i concieved but never seen him as a mistake. I gave up things i wanted for him. I loved him even though i was by myself. I only had my mom to help me. Thank god for her.
Seven Years went by before i got into a serious relationship again. My new boyfriend moved in with me. What do you know. Im pregnant a second time. What happens next? You guessed it! He cheated on me and left me for another woman 2 weeks after i gave birth. He denies my son still to this day! At least the other one acknowleges that he indeed is his son. Now i have two boys, No daddys and one job! Thank god for my mom. Oh and thank god for Child support toO!! I see it like this. We laid down --->TOGETHER<--- Not me by myself. I always thought that because i had a child no man would want me. Lies, Lies, Lies!! Hey, Im married now. Living in a great home, Great man and even have a lovely little daughter.
I recieved help from the state. Yeah you dont want to burden the tax payers but thats why the help is there! There's the WIC program which gives you free baby formula and the medical card to help you and your baby with medical help for free. Plus im sure you paid your taxes. Believe me, I pay mine. If you dont want to go that route then keep on working. If you have family to help you then accept it proudly. If i didnt have my mom i'd be lost. Im glad i didnt give my son up. I'd die everyday wondering about him. I chose not to live that way. You could only make that discision.
I told you this so you can see that there are people in your situation. Maybe worse off then you! If you believe in a higher power, Just ask for help. Ask to have doors and opportunities for you to open. Ask for help and peace in your life. I was 15 years old. I had people shake their heads at me! Put me down, Talk about me but you know what? I took care of what i had toO! I was and am an awsome mom. The best is when my son tells me "Mommy i love you". I really know i didnt make a mistake. It's up to you! You can do it..Everything happens for a reason.......I hope this was helpful in your life journey!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!