View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #5
Pattie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I was married, had a baby and he was so scared he ran off, only months later he returned, sorry of course because his fears drove him away. Less then a year later I found out I was pregnant with my son, he ran again, this time when he decided his fears made him run and he wanted to come back, I said no thank you. Pregnant and with a one year old, it was me against the world. I did it, they were loved, they had a wonderful childhood. I didn't ask for support at that time. Don't be a fool. He doesn't need to be there to be a Dad if he doesn't want it, and if he doesn't want it - he shouldn't because he wouldn't be much of a Dad then, BUT he must pay no matter what decision he makes about the participation. I requested insurance cards for my children when they were 13. My x-Husband did not like the idea that he would have to explain to the guys at work that he had 2 children and he felt they would find out by him adding them to his insurance. He fought me all the way on the insurance issue. When we got to court, the Judge was surprised I never asked for support. He ordered support at this time regardless that I didn't ask for it. He ordered I get insurance cards immediately, he ordered him to get phyc evaluation. He ordered me to save it for their future if I didn't want or need it. I did........... They enjoyed that money during their college years
He quit his job to be spiteful, it added up fast in arrears, his kids own the house he lives in now. They are not set for life but had a better ending then their financial start. It's not hard to do it on your own but it is easier with a little bit of financial help
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!