View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #30
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingdinkies
Let me clarify...I don't mean rare in the official sense. I know chocolate yorkies are not AKC recognized, nor is the term teacup. (BTW, Biewers didn't used to be either.) I also know that any trait outside what is designated by the AKC standard is considered a flaw. By rare, I meant you don't see them as often as the standard colored yorkie or the standard sized yorkie. I did do my fair share of research, trust me. I started my search in Februrary, and literally spent a few hours everyday perusing websites and looking at all kinds of yorkies. I didn't make my purchase until April, so it definitely wasn't done without lots of forethought. Though...obviously not enough.
I just want you to be cautious that's all..Alot of times people that are buying this breed are so misinformed and when told they are getting a "rare" chocolate or "teacup" don't mind spending the extra cash on them...Yorkies are NOT an inexpensive breed, as we all know, and I HATE hearing of people getting taken by these terms. And, it happens all the time..I am glad to hear you have done your research..I did as well before I bought my first but, I have learned more on YT than from any book that I have read..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!