View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #28
darlingdinkies
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry
..."teacups", as you choose to call them and Chocolate yorkies...are not rare...the word teacup isn't even in the breed standard. and chocolate yorkies...although they are adorable and I wouldn't mind having one, is a genetic fault..(help me if I'm wrong YTer's) if a breeder is trying to sell you a chocolate yorkie as rare...they are miss leading you. the yorkie standard for weight is 5-7lbs...anything under that would be considered a "tiny...
Let me clarify...I don't mean rare in the official sense. I know chocolate yorkies are not AKC recognized, nor is the term teacup. (BTW, Biewers didn't used to be either.) I also know that any trait outside what is designated by the AKC standard is considered a flaw. By rare, I meant you don't see them as often as the standard colored yorkie or the standard sized yorkie. I did do my fair share of research, trust me. I started my search in Februrary, and literally spent a few hours everyday perusing websites and looking at all kinds of yorkies. I didn't make my purchase until April, so it definitely wasn't done without lots of forethought. Though...obviously not enough.
darlingdinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!