View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #26
darlingdinkies
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry
If breeders could guarentee the size a yorkie would be as an adult they would put it in writing...I don't think you will find a breeder that will do that..
Of course I don't expect anyone to guarantee an exact size. What I would expect, if I were to purchase another teacup in the future, is a guaranteed SIZE RANGE. Why should the buyer bear all the burden of risk? If a breeder is confident enough to sell a yorkie as a teacup and charge a considerably higher price for it, then he or she should have no problem with that, and should have no problem with you requesting it. Sure, even in a breeding program that has a proven history of producing tinies over several generations, there is always the possibility of a larger yorkie. Certainly, it's not the breeders fault, but it's not the buyer's fault either, so it's not right that the buyer should pay for what they didn't receive. A guaranteed size range that offers a discount if the puppy grows larger than expected is fair to BOTH parties.

I considered buying another yorkie and spoke with several breeders that did agree to guarantee a size range. Most were more than willing to guarantee that their puppy would not be over 4 lbs. You just have to ask. Fairy's Storybook Yorkies was one. There were several others, but I can't remember them right off-hand. Of course, there were those that said I was ridiculous or that no breeder should be expected to guarantee size (again, I wasn't asking for a guaranteed size, just a guarantee size range). That's a huge red flag to me now. Steer clear of the ones that refuse or feign astonishment that you would even ask.
darlingdinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!