View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #20
darlingdinkies
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doortego
Rather they should refund it or not, the breeder that would deliberately mislead you is not going to be the breeder that refunds your money.

I, too, paid more for a pup because according to the breeder, it probably wouldn't be over 2 #. Was I naive?? Yes. In hindsight, I probably didn't even want her to be less than 2# but I do feel like the breeders should tell the truth...
I don't really have a problem with breeders charging more for teacups. My understanding is it's pretty expensive to breed them (the mothers often require c-sections, etc.). Plus it's simple economics. They are rare and in high demand, so people are willing to pay more for them, just like the chocolate yorkies. However, if a breeder sells teacups and charges consideraly more, then they should be willing to take some sort of responsibility if the dog turns out to be standard sized. If they are not willing to do this, they should not label the dog a teacup, much less a tiny teacup, as Cindy did. Describe it instead as a "tiny toy, possibly smaller". As buyers we are not experts. We try to educate ourselves as much as possible and do our reserach, but we're just not the experts. To a certain degree, we have to rely on the breeders expertise and honestly, and breeders like Cindy need to realize that and take some responsibility.
darlingdinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!