View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 09:04 AM   #17
doortego
Little Bit & Buttons
Donating Member

Rather they should refund it or not, the breeder that would deliberately mislead you is not going to be the breeder that refunds your money.

I, too, paid more for a pup because according to the breeder, it probably wouldn't be over 2 #. Was I naive?? Yes. In hindsight, I probably didn't even want her to be less than 2# but I do feel like the breeders should tell the truth.

I am curious as to the adult size of the other pups in the litter. Not because, I expect her to refund money nor would I ever let my baby go, I'm just a curious kind of person. Does the runt of the litter always grow up to be smaller than its littermates??

Do "teacup" Yorkies have the rep of being unhealthy because they are frequently not necessarily from a small line but just the runts of the litters? I have been very fortunate, if possibly overcharged, in that my baby is 3# AND healthy.

I also don't believe that small Yorkies have to be unhealthy Yorkies. I don't feel that it is wrong to have a very small Yorkie if your lifestyle is suitable. A retired couple that travels prefers a smaller Yorkie while a young couple with small children probably should have a larger, sturdier Yorkie. Maybe one size does not fit all in this case.

Another question I have is if it is common practice for someone with a 3# 12 or so oz. dog to call it a 3#er? I seem to have seen this in some cases and wonder if this is just individual people wanting to make their dog seem smaller or if this is truly something done in the "Yorkie" world. In that case maybe the breeder was right and my 2.9# Yorkie really is a 2#er.

Anyway, as someone said, none of it really matters. Once they are yours, they are yours forever, regardless of size.

All the terms are sort of amusing, teacups or teapots, none of them are accurate.
doortego is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!