View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 07:36 AM   #16
makemepretty
YT 500 Club Member

When I was little our neighbor lady had her chihuahua get shut in her car door(didn't make it). It happens honey, a lot more than you'd probably even think. I'm glad you now realize it was an accident because your brother didn't do anything wrong really. Accidents happen because you don't know they're going to and can't stop them in advance, otherwise there'd be no 'accidents'.

My sisters dog died one summer while my mother was watching him. We were actually having a big family party at the time. She went to check on him and he was dead(he had breathing problems) and was outside in a run with shelter, food and water. My sister flipped out and screamed at my mother blaming her. He was normally inside but since there were so many people(he was a bulldog)mom had put him outside, which my sister knew. She still blames my mother, even though for those two hours my sister never checked on the dog herself. It was a horrible yelling scene but it was an accident. Lets say I had someone watching my child, and then when I went to pick them up, while I was there my child drowned...it would be easier on myself to blame the other person. Even though it could have been prevented by either person. Nothing can be done to undo it but it's more healing to realize no one is to blame. My mother felt horrible but none of us felt it was her fault. I'm sure your brother feels horrible but he didn't do it on purpose and I'm glad you've moved on and no longer blame him.

Isaac was so loved, I'm sure he knew how much you loved him.
makemepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!