View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

When you lift up her coat do you see any lighter roots underneath? At only 11 weeks Stedman already had quite a bit of silver coming in on the top of his head...and when I lifted his coat (on his back) you could see lighter roots there as well...but only when you lifted it. Then almost instantly (I'm talking within a few weeks!) he got what we always called his "skunk stripe" going down the middle of his back. I KNEW the first time we had him groomed all his silver/blue would show and all the black would be gone. Sure enough, I was right At 5 months when we had him groomed for the 1st time ever (the groomer cut him WAY too short!!!) there was not ONE SPEC of black left on him! He was a darker silver/blue color on his body, a lighter silver on the top of his head, and chest...and his little legs have stayed a light tan color. I LOVE his coloring though, but I just prefer the lighter colored (although not TOO light) Yorkies

P.S.- I attached a few pictures of him at 11 weeks (these were taken the very FIRST night we brought him home) and you can already see the large amount of silver that was coming in on the top of his head. I have some pictures of him at 4 and 1/2 months of age, with his "skunk stripe"...but I have taken them off of my computer and burned them onto a CD and it would take me AGES to find them! LOL But you can see in my avatar what color he is now. He will be 9 months in exactly 5 days
Attached Thumbnails
What color will Hootie be?-1.jpg   What color will Hootie be?-2.jpg   What color will Hootie be?-3.jpg   What color will Hootie be?-4.jpg  

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!