View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
lovmyyorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Rose This brings back memories

My mom passed away Aug of 1998, not at home but all her 6 yrs that she was ill she lived with me and my partner of 18 yrs.

Well, first of all the first month she was done we felt her in the apt. that whole month, but not in a bad way at all.

The fist Monday back to work we went grocery shopping and I bought some candles with the saints on the tall glass, I put one in my moms bedroom and one in the living room. It was kinda late so I didn't want lite them for just 1 hr.

The next day driving home my hubby called me and asked it I had lit the candle in my moms room that morning or at night, I said "No, not at all. Why?"

He said that when he got home, he went into my mom's room to open the curtains ( she had this big window next to her bed ) and when he turned around to leave the candle was lit. He thought maybe I felt it on from the night before or lit it that morning.

I said "Look at the candle does it look like it's been on all day or night" he said "No, just lit"....I asked "Are u scared?"..he said "No, why..she left in peace with everyone" .......I felt good he wasn't scare.

Hubby is a teacher in a private school, in Sept school started. He told the story to two different Nun's and both said the same thing in a very happy tone " Oh, good that was a sign she was ok and she made it into heaven".

Oct., I called one of the caregivers that cared for my mom for the last 2 yrs during the day while we were at work, just to say Hi and see how she was doing . She and her husband did care very much for my mom and where effected deeply by her death.

I told Angelina about the candle and she took a deep sigh, I said "What, what happen?" she said "That was a sign for me, we promised each other that the first one to die would send the other one a sign by lighting a candle to let the other one know there is a heaven"

Now that gave us the creeps...LOL

Sorry the story was so long.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!