View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #7
daisy mae06
Kodi & Pixie 2
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanatink
OKay i think Ive said this before, but my husband got the bright idea to tile our house himself about 2 years ago. We took a class at home depot and then we began the horrible adventure.Well my husband NEVER finishes anything he starts, EVER ( I still have blue painters tape that has been on the trim of my house for 3 years now ). SO needless to say months went by and we had half the house tiled. I got so sick of waiting for him to finish it that I decide to finish it and I layed the rest of the tiles and grouted everythign which I actually did a WAY better job than him, Im surprised and proud to say!lol. I even did most of the baseboards (which this looks pretty bad though ) Well the only thing left to finish was the bathroom. Well my husband bought the cheapest grout sealer possible and it did not work well. And my husband never sealed the bathroom grout (I did the rest of the house but left the bathroom for him) and he never caulked the tub. SO to end my long story, the problem is that PENNY the big girl has had a few accidents in the bathroom and the grout is absolutely ruined. And I dont knwo what to do. Her pee has even run up under the tub. This is of course extremely embarrasing for me to even tell you guys, but I need to know what to do. I think Im actually going to have to pull up the tub, I mean how else will it ever be clean? But the grout how do I clean grout? I have 2 other places in the living room that the grout needs to be clean. SO does anyone have any advice?

Moral of my story: DONT let your husband tile your house unless he is the type of person that is determined to finish a project, or he is a professional.
so sorry to hear. Oxy clean may help some. It did mine . I have a 4 year unfinished lamanet wood floor and now it all has to be redone, all from the hubbies not getting it done.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!