View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #34
Dina_Nichole
I Love My Munchkins!
Donating Member

Hi, congrats to the new baby!! She is adorable Try not to worry about her low weight. Yorkies have different spurts of growing. She may gain fast or stay very tiny. I have two yorkie girls myself. Trixie wasn't even 1 lb. at 12 weeks of age and now at 14 months she is just hitting 5 lbs. My other yorkie is Pia and she is very tiny. She's 2 lbs. and 1 yr. 7 mths old. Both babies are extrememly healthy. I give Pia 2-3 licks of nutrical every day just to be safe. I had no idea Pia was going to be so small. I was a nervous wreck at first with her. Trixie was the smallest dog I had ever seen so when I got Pia I was beyond amazed. I got Pia when she was almost 1 yr old and she only weighed 1.8 at that time so I do know how you feel. She may have weighed a few more ounces then Trixie did but Trixie was 12 weeks and Pia was 1 yr. Pia's frame is so tiny and that makes such a difference in my opinion. Your baby will more then likely double that weight and maybe a little more. Try not to worry!! I bet everyone on here can relate to your feelings of having such a small dog for the first time. Pia at 2 lbs. has grown on me and the nerves have gone away. I promise you will get used to her size. Yorkies may be tiny whether 2 lbs. or 10 but they are tough little buggers. You are going to have so much fun with her. Can't wait to see future pics!!
Dina_Nichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!