View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #42
monica20
Senior Yorkie Talker

[QUOTE=my2boyz]When I crate trained the boyz I kept them in their crates for about an hour at first, then take them out to potty, bring them in and play for a few minutes and then back in the crates. As they got better and a bit older I kept them in for longer periods, then out to potty, bring them in and play a bit and so on. They slept in their crates at night also. I kept them in the living room with us so they could see and hear us and they wouldn't feel abandoned in another room. I do keep a pad in a litter pan inside for emergencies when we're gone and they use that but other than that they're good. Good luck with your girls.[/QUOTE]

i have a question, when you are out did you let the free in some room and that is why you have a pee-pad? i just recently got a yorkie and i am training him on the pee-pad. i have him in the laundry room in a crate and in the morning i go in there let him out and he goes and finds the pee-pad .. he is getting kinda good at it except for today i moved his crate out because i needed to fix it and he pooped where the crate was! once he pees and poops i give him a treat bring him out to play for a couple of mins and then back in the crate .. i too leave him in the crate with me in the living room. i'm just wondering if i am doing it right or not? thanks .. any advice and tips are greatly appreciated.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!