View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #14
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

You're not giving her cow's milk are you? Only goat's milk or puppy milk replacer or evaporated milk diluted 50% with water. Pulverizing the dry food makes mixing so much faster and easier, especially when you are going to be doing it a lot.

I wouldn't ever recommend one being so young leaving her Mom, but in this case I would much rather her be with you. It's going to be time consuming, but just like with our human children it will go too fast, so enjoy it and keep us posted so we can be included in your joy.

My thoughts on how soon puppies should go home. My Yorkie puppies are usually about 4 pounds at maturity. When I was letting them go home earlier at 9 weeks. I had many owners with vet bills, due to hypoglycemic episodes or just bouts of diarrhea from the stress or just the puppy crying at night time. Once I started letting them go home at 11 and 12 weeks I have not had one that even had soft stools and those that kennel at night report that they cry for less than a minute before settling in.
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!