View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Emmsmom
YT 500 Club Member

Question 5 week old pup!!

We are getting a 5 week old Yorkie/Long Haired Chihuahua in the morning. Now before anyone spazes I have my concerns because she is so small. The mom won't nurse them anymore. They said something about the mother being drained of her calcium and not being able to feed them. She had 3 pups.This is also her second litter of pups so I have no idea if this is the real reason she isn't nursing them. Anyway that being said I know that the puppy still needs milk. I have some puppy milk waiting on her. My question is what else does she need at this age. They are feeding her soft puppy food and she is drinking water. I just can't imagine that is very good for since she is so young. I would love to hear any advice that you all may have. We also have a baby playpen waiting on her as well. She is way to little to run around by herself. My MIL said she is so little that you can put her in a quart jar . That part really scares me. For the life of me I just can't imagine why the people who had the pups didn't give them any puppy milk. I just didn't have the heart to turn her down. My daughter has been asking for a LH Chihuahua for a long time now. This one just kinda fell in our laps and she was FREE. Oh also if she is on puppy milk what about any extra vitamins??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!